Friday, June 3, 2011

Fun Votives

 No wedding table is complete without a few votives.  Not only do they give off romantic lighting, but they also really pull a tablescape together.  I knew that I wanted votives and while the wedding venue does offer them, I wanted something a bit different.  A while back, perusing my fav shop etsy, I came across frenchfelt's sweet lace napkin rings.  I took her idea and rolled with it, creating my own take on the classic votive.  Here's the tutorial!

Supplies:

votives (any size will do)
scissors
lace
hot glue gun




I got most of my lace from a vintage store in town.  The rest of it I got in the Joann's sale bin for $2.50 a roll!  Votives are a pretty standard craft store item.  I got mine from Hobby Lobby using one of their 40% off coupons  online (if you have a smart phone, just pull up the coupon, show it to the cashier, and they'll be happy to accept!) SCORE!  The first thing that you are going to want to do is measure the circumference of the tea light.  Because I HATE measuring, I took the lazy route and just wrapped the lace around the light leaving a bit over overlap where the two ends come together.

Glue one end of the lace onto the tea light:


And wrap the lace around:


Secure the the lace with a bit of glue and trim the overlap.  If you want to be extra fancypancy you could fold over the end of the lace to make a nice hemmed edge.  I'm lazy so that was a no go for me!  Do that a million and one times (and a few DIY Disasters later)....and you'll have plenty of romantic votives!


This project was super easy and fun.  Feel free to send me your take on my tutorial!  




No comments:

Post a Comment